Moth Design is looking for a mid-level designer to join our boutique design firm, dedicated to doing great work for great people. At Moth you’ll be immersed in a small group of smart, creative, and hard-working strategic thinkers producing work for some of the world’s most respected, mission-driven brands.
As a member of our design team you’ll play a hands on role in every stage of our projects—from research through production. You should be versed in cross-disciplinary work and excited about the opportunity to work across branding, digital, and print projects. Our designers are strategic, thoughtful, and armed with stellar portfolios. We thrive on collaboration, put a strong focus on excellent communication, and everyone on the team is comfortable taking a leadership role on projects. At Moth you’ll work with project teams that include our designers, but also writers, technologists, photographers, videographers, and more.
You should have the ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatics, and do so while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high performance standards.
We value candidates that bring diverse perspectives to our team – culturally, philosophically, and intellectually.
- Play a hands-on role and design smart, beautiful solutions
- Design brands, editorial, and web projects
- Engage in design research and strategy
- Maintain a keen eye for detail
- Convincingly present work to client teams
- Tackle hard problems with grace
- Collaborate with complex teams to create and implement work
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong research and analytical skills
- Maintain professional judgment and discretion
- Bring skills to forecast and identify design trends and challenges
The ideal person:
- Works well in small teams
- Is dedicated to the best idea moving forward (no ego)
- Loves typography
- Is a self starter
- Is an excellent communicator
- A beautiful portfolio
- 3-5+ years of working experience
- BFA or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership capacity
- Able to handle multiple projects at once
- Fluent in today’s technologies
- Able to prototype interactive concepts
We partner with mission-driven organizations to craft award-winning brands, print suites, and web products that solve organizational problems through design.
We’re open: open culture, open communication, open to doing better. Every project, every collaboration is an opportunity to discover something new about design—and the world.
We’re proud to punch above our weight: we offer all capabilities and expertise of a full-size agency, but we’re small and nimble, with experienced senior-level talent deeply engaged from kickoff to launch.
- Please send your resume and a link to an online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you are the best person for the job.